Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Learning to Blog

Rick, my wonderful husband who created this beautiful site for me, says I need to get active with blogging. I must admit to being quite overwhelmed with this task. I only recently even learned that "blog" is short for "web log" so you can tell that this really isn't my forte! What do I have to say? What would you find worth reading? Are my ramblings really worth putting into print? How can I stand in the company of blogs like the one belonging to my friend Sandra Glahn (http://aspire2.blogspot.com/)?

But I have to trust the guy. After all, it was his foresight that took my simple idea for a small, local support group for a few families struggling with fertility challenges in northern California and created the www.hannah.org website. It's hard to argue with that kind of success. So, if Rick says I need to blog, blog I will!

I would love your feedback. What are you looking for in my journal entries? What do you want to know about? What would you like to hear? Do you want details about my daily life? About my family? Devotional reflections on infertility and loss? Updates about my book? My thought is that this blog will contain some of all of the above, but if you have specific questions or input, please share!

Since it was Rick who "got me into this" I'm going to give a plug for him now. Didn't he do an incredible job with the design of this site? If you like his work, be sure to check out his web design business at www.nternet.biz.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I recently joined HP and have found your posts very comforting. I look forward to reading your blog as I know it will help me through my journey. I agree with Ruth's comment, everything you mentioned would be good.